Jay-Z brought his “Legends of the Summer” tour with Justin Timberlake home to New York’s Yankee Stadium on Friday for the first of two back-to-back shows. The hip-hop mogul performed his classics and new material off Magna Carta… Holy Grail, and brought out Alicia Keys to serenade his city with “Empire State of Mind.”
BeyoncÃ©, Swizz Beatz, Timbaland, Tyler, the Creator, Ne-Yo, and Angela Simmons were among the stars in the crowd.
Following the sold-out show, Jay-Z hosted an after-party at his 40/40 club. Mr. and Mrs. Carter sipped D’Usse cognac as they held court in VIP.
Jay-Z and Justin will play a second show at Yankee Stadium tonight before heading to Chicago, L.A., and Vancouver.
- Justin Timberlake, Pharrell, Robin Thicke, Miley Cyrus, & Tyler, the Creator Celebrate New Myspace
- Justin Timberlake Shoots ‘Take Back the Night’ Video
- Justin Timberlake, Frank Ocean, & Miguel Attend TIME 100 Gala
- Justin Timberlake ‘Takes Back the Night’ at Wireless Festival
- Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake Kick Off ‘Legends of the Summer’ Tour in Toronto